Seniors: Laptop return instructions and information
All Loras laptop and network accounts, including email and OneDrive, will be disabled and deleted on July 1, 2024. Below is information on returning your laptop, managing your network accounts and data, email for life, and much more.
Returning Loras College Laptop and Power Supply
- Return your laptop and power supply to the Technology Center Help Desk before noon on Friday, May 3, 2024.
- The Help Desk is open weekdays 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Due to software licensing compliance, if you do not return your laptop before noon on Friday, May 3, 2024, your student account will be charged.
- laptop replacement costs and Campus Safety will be alerted that you did not return (stole) your laptop.
Students preparing to return their laptops
- Remove all personal stickers and residue on the laptop before you return it. If stickers are on the laptop, you will be charged $75. Do not remove the five-digit Loras barcode sticker affixed to the bottom of your laptop.
- If there is damage to the laptop, ex. cracked screen, your student account will be charged $75 to cover the accidental damage deductible.
- Plan to back up your data on your OneDrive to another resource, such as your personal external hard drive or personal cloud service (ex. Google Drive).
- Only July 1, your Loras OneDrive account will be disabled and you will no longer have access.
- We recommend setting up an alternative cloud storage account with a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox to save your files prior to returning your Loras laptop.
- Once your Loras network account and OneDrive is disabled on July 1, you will no longer have an active Microsoft Office license. You can purchase Office 365 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/microsoft-365
Free Alumni Email for Life
- Loras offers graduates the opportunity to sign up for a free Loras Alumni Email for Life account. Visit https://alumni.loras.edu/page.aspx?pid=419 to help you get started.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Loras College Help Desk