Registrar’s Office

Keane Hall Room 121
Dubuque, IA 52001

Request a Transcript

Order Online

Loras College and National Student Clearinghouse have partnered to provide students and alumni with access to an online transcript ordering system through a secure website called

    • Transcript (23/SP start term and earlier) $10 per copy

    • Transcript (23/SM start and later) there is no additional charge per copy for students who started in 23/SM and later.

When ordering online, transcripts can be sent by one of the following methods:

    • Electronic PDF
      This option delivers the official transcript within minutes after processing for transcript requests submitted between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday. The official transcript is formatted as a PDF, and is digitally signed, ensuring authenticity and security. The National Student Clearinghouse then emails the recipient a link to retrieve the transcript and then sends a second email with a password to complete the download.  The cost to send an electronic transcript is $13 ($10 per transcript, plus $3.40 service fee).

    • ETX (Electronic Transcript Exchange)
      This option delivers an official transcript to the school of your choice, by placing it directly into the receiving school’s password protected mailbox that they have set up with the National Student Clearinghouse.  The transcript is official and is digitally signed, ensuring authenticity and security.  The cost to send an electronic transcript is $12.25 ($10.00 per transcript, plus service fee of $2.90).

    • Printed and sent by U.S. mail
      With this option, requests are usually processed and mailed in 1-2 business days.  The cost is $12.25 ($10.00 per transcript, plus service fees of $2.25).

    • Printed and sent by Federal Express
      In order to ensure overnight service, the request must be made by 1:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.  The cost is $52.25 ($10.00 per transcript, plus $42.90 for express shipping).FEDEX WILL NOT SHIP TO POST OFFICE BOXES.

In Person

Transcripts can be requested in the Registrar’s Office in room 121 of Keane Hall, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. There is no additional transcript fee for students who started in 23/SM and later. Students who started in 23/SP start term and earlier, transcripts are $10 per copy.

Additionally, please note:

    • We cannot accept transcript requests over the telephone or by email.

    • We are unable to process your transcript request if you have an outstanding balance due to Loras College. Please contact Carrie Jones, Director of Student Accounts, at 563.588.7232 for information related to your student account.

By Mail

To request a transcript by US mail, send a signed request and enclose a check or money order in the amount of $10 for each transcript requested.  Please include the following information on the transcript request or download and complete form.

Transcript Request Form.

    • Your Name printed or typed. Indicate any other names or spellings of your name that you may have used while a student at Loras College.

    • Your Signature. We cannot process your order without your original written signature.  A computer generated signature cannot be accepted.

    • The approximate dates you attended Loras College.

    • The last four digits of your social security number or your 6-digit Loras College ID number, if available.

    • Your current home mailing address, telephone number or email address so we can contact you if there are problems processing your order.

    • The address(es) where each copy of your transcript is to be sent.

    • Enclose payment (check or money order) payable to Loras College in the amount of $10 for each transcript ordered. If you wish your transcripts sent by Federal Express, remember to include the FedEx charge of $40 in addition to the transcript fee of $10.

Special Students

Undergraduate Courses

A student who is not pursuing a bachelor’s degree from Loras College, but would like to enroll in up to 11 credits per semester is considered a special student.

Application & Details


This status includes:

  • those who have not earned a bachelor’s degree who wish to take courses for personal enrichment;
  • those who regularly attend another college or university and wish to earn credit for transfer back to the home institution;
  • those who have received a bachelor’s degree and wish to earn additional undergraduate credit.

Not Completed Bachelor’s Degree 

Any special student who has not completed a bachelor’s degree and wishes to continue at Loras beyond one summer session or one semester must contact an admission counselor for additional details.

Participation in the May term is generally limited to Loras College students who are enrolled in a degree program. Students who are attending another college who wish to enroll in a May term course must receive permission from associate provost. At part of this process, the student must submit an official transcript. Non-Loras students participating in a May term course will be charged the current part-time student tuition rate and all fees associated with the course.

Have a Bachelor’s Degree

A special student who is pursuing coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree has no restrictions on the number of credits in which he/she may enroll. A special student should contact the Financial Planning Office concerning financial aid options

Special students participating in the May term are subject to the Loras College academic, financial, and non-academic rules and regulations.

Graduate Courses

Individuals interested in taking a few graduate courses for professional development, continuing education credits, or just personal enrichment may take up to nine graduate credits as a non-degree special student.

Application & Details


To enroll in an individual course(s) as a special student:

  1. Complete the free Loras College Special Course Application.
    1. Select Graduate Course as the course registration type.
    2. Upload copies of your unofficial transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
  2. The transcripts will be evaluated to ensure any pre-requisite course requirements have been met.
  3.  After review of the transcript(s), you will be contacted with detailed information on next steps.

Please note:

    • Degree-seeking students have registration preference if a course is full.

    • Special students may not enroll in practicum, clinical, or internship courses without approval from the program director.
    • After the completion of 9 non-degree credits, a student must then apply for formal admission to take additional courses.

    • Graduate courses completed by a special student with a grade of B or better may be applied to a future graduate degree at Loras College with the approval of both the program director and the academic dean.

    • Financial aid is generally not available to non-degree special students.

    • Students interested in Professional Development program opportunities should refer to the individual program for application and enrollment instructions.

Returning Students

Any previously enrolled student returning to Loras to complete a bachelor’s degree—who has not been a full-time student for more than one semester—must apply for readmission.

Application & Details

All application materials must be on file in the Registrar’s Office at least ten business days prior to the start of the term to be considered for readmission for that term.

Returning students must submit the following materials:

    1. A completed Loras College Application for Readmission

    1. An official academic transcript(s) from each college/university attended since withdrawal from Loras

    1. Personal statement addressing the reasons for seeking readmission

Materials may be submitted in person or by mail:

    1. In person: Registrar’s Office, Room 121 Keane Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

    1. By mail: Registrar’s Office, Mail #1, Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, IA  52001

Returning student applications will be considered by the Admissions Committee when appropriate. Previous admission is not a guarantee of readmission. In select cases, the student may be asked to provide additional information or to schedule a personal interview.

Questions?  Call 563.588.7779 or email

Second Degree Students

All application materials must be on file in the Registrar’s Office at least 10 business days prior to the start of the term to be considered for admission for that term.

Application & Details


A student who possesses a bachelor’s degree from another accredited institution and wishes to enroll at Loras to pursue an additional degree may seek admission as a Second Degree Student. Loras College graduates are only eligible to pursue a second bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than the original degree For example, if you hold a BA, you may not pursue another BA from Loras, only a BS.

A holder of a B.A. or B.S. degree from another accredited institution is considered to have satisfied all the Loras general education requirements.

Second Degree students must submit the following application materials to the Registrar’s Office:

  1. A completed Loras College Second Degree Application
  2. An official transcript from each institution attended
  3. $25.00 application fee

Submit application materials to the Registrar’s Office

  1. In person: Room 121 Keane Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  2. By mail: Registrar’s Office, Mail #1, Loras College, 1450 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, IA  52001

Second Degree requirements:

  1. Be admitted to Loras College
  2. Earn at least 30 credit hours in residence at Loras College
  3. Fulfill all of the requirements for the major.  If previous courses satisfy some of the major requirements, the division will designate courses from other areas that will enhance the major.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. An “eligible student” under FERPA is a student who is eighteen or older, or who attends a postsecondary institution.

FERPA Contacts

Student Academic Records: Loras College Registrar,

Student Development Records: Dr. Arthur W. Sunleaf, Vice President for Student Development,

Transfer Credit Policy

Loras College accepts baccalaureate-level academic coursework from accredited colleges and universities as documented in the Undergraduate Transfer Credit policy.

Undergraduate Examination Credit

Advanced Placement (AP) Credits

Credit earned as Advanced Placement (AP) credits through the College Entrance Examination Board will be awarded appropriate transfer credit. In the situation where the student has been awarded college credit and AP exam credit for the same course content, transfer credit will be awarded only for the AP exam. Please note that AP exam results must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar directly from the College Board. Students should contact the College Board to have exam score results sent in the same way as post-secondary transcripts.

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Credit earned through the College Entrance Examination Board will be awarded appropriate transfer credit for achieving a minimum qualifying score. Students seeking CLEP credit should consult with the Office of the Registrar about the minimum qualifying score for individual CLEP examinations  .

International Baccalaureate

Credit earned through the Higher Level Examinations of the International Baccalaureate Program will be awarded appropriate transfer credit for a minimum score of six (6).

Cambridge International Examination

Credit earned through the Cambridge Assessment will be awarded appropriate transfer credit for a passing score of “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, or “E” on “AS” or “A” level examinations.

Graduate Studies Policy

Loras will consider transfer credit for graduate-level courses taken at a regionally accredited college or university as documented in the Graduate Transfer Credit policy.

Transfer Credit Search

Our Transfer Credit Search will give you an idea if your college credits will transfer to Loras College. All courses may not be listed within the transfer search tool. Evaluations for transfer courses not found or special circumstances can be discussed with your admission representative.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is my registration blocked?

Your registration may be blocked if you fail to meet an obligation to the College. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to pay registration/tuition fees or other outstanding debts, as well as failure to submit requested documentation to certain offices (i.e. Health Services). If you have a financial block you need to contact the Loras College Business Office (563.588.7335) to get this hold resolved. No transcript requests will be processed until the hold is cleared.

Where can I look to see if a class still has open seats?

You will need to view the online complete schedule of classes, for the term in question. It will allow you see the course seat capacity, as well as the number of available seats. The schedule also includes a column to indicate whether a waitlist is active. The schedule can be found on the IQ main-page, under the designated term information.

I’m a US Armed Services veteran or service member, where do I go to apply for benefits?

Your VA School Certifying Official is your point of contact for any questions you might have about applying your educational benefits to the cost of attendance at Loras College. Please see the following for a list of what veterans generally need to provide:

  1. Veteran’s certification worksheet
  2. Copy of veteran’s discharge paperwork (DD-214)
  3. Official (sealed or secure digital) copy of veteran’s American Council on Education (ACE) certified transcript for any military training: (for Air Force, use this link:
  4. Current Certificate of Eligibility (COE), received after a veteran applies for benefits on the VA website:

For transfer students, we would require all the above, in addition to the following:
Official transcript(s) from any former institution of higher learning, or record of exam credits from Advanced Placement course work, CLEP exams, DANTES exams, etc. Copy of the veteran’s VA 22-1995 Request For Change of Program or Place of Training (

PLEASE NOTE: If you are the recipient of transferred benefits from a spouse or parent, the transfer needs to transfer the benefits on the VA website ( before you can apply for the transferred benefit.

How do I see my final grades?

Students should log into their IQ to view their grades, via the Academic Profile menu. Under the Academic Profile menu students will be able to view current grades as well as have access to an unofficial transcript. Students who need a written confirmation of their grades can copy and paste their unofficial transcript from their web-advisor. Learn more about how to order an official transcript.

How do I show proof of graduation before degrees are officially approved and posted to the transcript?

You can request a Verification of Completion Letter from the Registrar’s Office. You can either request this in-person by showing a valid photo id, or request this via mail by providing us with a written request. This written request must include your name, birth date, id number or last four of your SSN, mailing address and your signature. We cannot accept this request over the phone. You may also fax us the written request to 563.588.7779, or email it to The mailing address for the Registrar’s Office at Loras College is, 1450 Alta Vista St. Mailbox#1, Dubuque, IA 52001. There is no cost for this letter of verification.

I just graduated. When and how will I receive my diploma?

There is a two-to-three month waiting period after completion. This enables the Office of the Registrar to post grades and verify majors/minors as dictated by the college. Diplomas are automatically mailed to the mailing address supplied to the college on your application. You must remember, just because you have participated in commencement, does not mean you have officially graduated.

Where do I go to get an official verification of my student status?

In general, students who need verification of their enrollment have a specific need for an official signature and/or school seal. That can be obtained by going to the Registrar’s Office in-person, or by written request. This written request must include your name, birth date, id number or last four of your SSN, mailing address and your signature. We cannot accept this request over the phone.

You may also fax us the written request to 563.588.7779, or request via email. The mailing address is:
Registrar’s Office
Loras College is
1450 Alta Vista St.
Dubuque, IA 52001.

This is provided to current and former students at no cost.

What is the Office of the Registrar’s policy on release and disclosure of student records?

Under the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 and provisions of state law relating to public records disclosure, the Loras College Policies Applying to the Disclosure of Information from Student Records and the Loras Campus’ implementation of that policy assure Loras students the following rights:

  1. To inspect and review their student records.
  2. To have withheld from public disclosure, absent their prior consent, personally identifiable information from their student records.
  3. To inspect records maintained by Campus offices concerning disclosure of confidential information from their student records.
  4. To seek corrections of their records through a request to amend the records, or a request for a hearing to challenge the content of their records, or to include a written statement therein.
  5. To file complaints with the Office of the Chancellor or with the U.S. Department of Education regarding violations of the rights accorded by Federal law or University policy.

FERPA permits the disclosure of PII from students’ education records, without consent of the student, if the disclosure meets certain conditions found in §99.31 of the FERPA regulations. Except for disclosures to school officials, disclosures related to some judicial orders or lawfully issued subpoenas, disclosures of directory information, and disclosures to the student, §99.32 of FERPA regulations requires the institution to record the disclosure. Eligible students have a right to inspect and review the record of disclosures.

How do I change my anticipated graduation date?

You are able to change your graduation date by simply informing the Registrar’s Office of the change. Please request via email, stating the reason for the change, as well as verification of student information. This request may also be done in person at Keane Hall, Room 121. You may only change your graduation date one semester. If you have already made this change and need to push forward you graduation date again you MUST re-apply.

When must coursework be completed to replace a grade of “incomplete” from the previous semester?

The incomplete work must be completed and submitted to the instructor and a permanent grade recorded by midterm of the next semester of the college calendar. If a grade of Incomplete is given during the May term, the work must be completed by midterm of the subsequent spring semester. If the student misses critical experiences of the May term course due to circumstances beyond his/her control, the student will receive a grade of “W” (withdraw) for the course. If the Incomplete grade is not replaced by a permanent grade by this date, the “I” grade is replaced by the “F” (fail) grade.

If a student is awarded an “F” grade because the instructor did not submit a final grade by midterm, the instructor has until the last official day of the semester to change the grade. After the final day of the semester, the “F” grade becomes a permanent grade and cannot be changed without a formal appeal. An instructor may recommend to the Registrar’s Office an extension of the midterm deadline in cases of special hardship.

As an incoming student, how may I receive credit for a college-level course from another institution?

College-level coursework that is comparable to the Loras College curriculum requirements and in which a minimum grade of “C” was earned is transferable to Loras (see Transfer Credit Policy for more detail). Students who do not meet the minimum transfer requirements may be reviewed by the Admission Standards Committee on an individual basis.

The transfer applicant must submit Official academic transcript(s) from each college/university attended. It should be noted that transfer students who do not submit all official transcripts will be blocked from registering for their second term until such time as official transcripts are received. Transfer applicants will receive an official credit evaluation of previous college coursework at the time of acceptance. They may receive an unofficial credit evaluation upon request. Students should contact their Admissions Representative for more information.

How do I make a change of address?

It is the responsibility of the student to update or correct their address information through the Registrar’s Office. Every student must have a permanent address on file. You can make a change of address by visiting the Registrar’s Office and providing a photo ID. This request can also be made by sending the Registrar an email, with the updated address, from your current Loras email account.

May I still participate in commencement even though I won’t be finished with my program?

Yes, you may still participate in commencement, even if you are not completed with your program of study. Considering we only have one commencement a year, it is not uncommon for students to participate early, regardless of completion date. When applying for graduation, you will be asked the date of commencement as well as anticipated degree completion date.

Get in Touch

Registrar’s Office