Save the Date
May 4, 2024
The Commencement ceremony provides a capstone to a weekend full of gatherings, receptions, and other events that showcase and celebrate the achievements of the graduates and their time at Loras College.
Know the Schedule
Wednesday, April 3
Graduation Fair @ 11 a.m. / 4 p.m. ACC Ballroom
Graduates must attend one of the two fair times: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 4-6 p.m.
Before the Fair
- Complete the destination survey provided in your grad fair invitation.
- Ensure your student account balance is paid in full on or before March 20.
- Print your authorization form emailed beginning April 1 from the Business Office.
- Complete the loan exit counseling with the Office of Financial Planning (if applicable).
At the Fair
- Pick up your commencement apparel—cap, gown, medallion, or hood if you are a graduate student.
- Receive your guest tickets for the commencement ceremony.
Should the cap or gown need to be replaced, a $75 charge will be assessed. Medallions can’t be replaced due to limited quantity.
Dewey’s Perch Pick-Up: After April 3, bring your printed authorization form from the business office to get your cap and gown.
Thursday, May 2
Senior Dinner @ 5:30 p.m. ACC Ballroom
Senior Social @ 7 p.m. Loras Pub
Graduating seniors must RSVP to attend the dinner event and will receive an email from Student Life with information and instructions.
Friday, May 3
Commencement Practice @ 9:30 a.m. Rock Bowl Stadium
All graduates must attend Commencement practice. A seating chart and directions for lining up will be emailed from the Registrar’s Office prior to practice. Rehearsal will last approximately one hour.
- 9:30 a.m. Arrive outside of Graber Sports Center
- 9:45 a.m. Commencement practice begins
Masters Hooding Ceremony @ 4 p.m. Alumni Campus Center
A hooding ceremony and reception are held for all masters-level students at 4 p.m. in the Alumni Campus Center ballroom. This is an invitation-only event. An email will be sent to master-level students in March with event details and an RSVP deadline. If you would like additional information, please email Academic Affairs.
Saturday, May 4
Baccalaureate Mass @ 10 a.m. Church of the Nativity
Baccalaureate Mass is held at the Church of the Nativity, located at 1225 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, Iowa. Mass begins at 10 a.m., with the doors to the church opening at 9:30 a.m.
Graduate & Faculty Preparation
- 9:30 a.m. graduates and faculty gather in front of Christ the King Chapel
- 9:50 a.m. procession to the Church of the Nativity
- Please wear your caps and gowns
Commencement Ceremony @ 1:30 p.m. Rock Bowl Stadium
- 12:30 p.m. doors open for guests
- 1:00 p.m. graduates and faculty gather outside Graber Sports Center in full commencement apparel.
Requirements to Participate
To be eligible to participate in commencement, you must:
- Complete all degree requirements by December 2024, as stated in the undergraduate or graduate bulletin.
- Completed and submitted the Application for Graduation no later than February 15, 2024. Applying for graduation after this date may result in not being eligible to participate in commencement and graduating in absentia.
- Pay your student account balance in full by March 20. Once completed, an authorization email will be sent.
Commencement Seating & Streaming
Commencement exercises for the Class of 2024 will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024, at 1:30 p.m. in the Rock Bowl Stadium. Please bring umbrellas or rain ponchos in case of inclement weather. Tickets are not required for the stadium.
Gates will open at 12:30 p.m. Families and friends are welcome to sit in available seats on a first-come basis. Seating will be available on the turf and in the stands. Guests will find a reserved area for handicap-accessible seating; please ask an usher for assistance.
We will offer live streaming in the Alumni Campus Center ballroom for guests who prefer to watch the ceremony indoors. Seating will be limited and will be first come, first served. A live streaming link will be posted for those not on-campus for Commencement.
All parking lots on the Loras campus will be open, and parking is free. A limited number of golf carts will be available at the Keane Hall lot to shuttle guests to and from the Rock Bowl beginning at noon and continuing until 1:30 p.m., and available after the ceremony’s conclusion.
The Hennessy Hall parking lot (13A on map) is reserved for guests needing handicap-accessible parking. Safety officers will be on hand to assist.
Following Baccalaureate Mass, lunch will be offered in the Alumni Campus Center Cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets are $8.75 per person and kids 10 and under are $5.50.
Photography & Invitations
Individual photographs will be taken of each graduate crossing the stage and again off the stage. The proofs and an order form will be emailed to each graduate, as well as linked below. No pre-ordering or pre-payment is necessary.
Invitations & Memorabilia
Order your Loras College invitations, diploma frames, and class rings through our preferred vendor, Herff Jones. Search colleges and find your personalized options ready to be branded with Loras College.
You will receive a diploma cover during the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed approximately four to six weeks after the degree has been conferred to the address indicated on the Application for Graduation form. If the diploma is to be sent to a different address, email the Registrar’s Office or call 563.588.7779.
Note: Participation in the commencement ceremony does not signify graduation from Loras College. Diplomas will not be sent for students who do not complete the academic requirements for graduation or who have an outstanding balance due to the College.
Laptop, Email & Network Space
All graduating seniors’ email accounts, network space, and personal web pages will stay active until Monday, July 1, 2024. Please review the laptop return instructions and information.
Cap & Gown Pickup: After April 3, bring your authorization form from the business office to get your cap and gown.
The Loras spirit shop will be open on Saturday, May 4, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Announcements and class rings are ordered directly through Jostens’ website. Please note there is a three to six-week timeframe for ordering announcements.